General Lounge Care Information
Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as this causes premature fading, rotting and deterioration to both fabric and leather. We recommend that curtains be closed when the room is not in use. Also, do not place furniture too near a radiator or heat source.
Should a member of your family or regular visitor to your home wear hair creams or gels, please consider fitting a head-cloth or anti-macassar for added protection of the upholstery.
Take care with newspaper as the ink can easily rub off onto the leather or fabric.
Foams will soften 10-15% in the first six months of use. This is called 'settling' and is a normal process of foam. From there on, our high quality foams will remain consistent.
Leather Care Information
Leather is a natural product and the grain variations, heal marks, stretch or growth lines distinguish it from imitations. Comfort creases will form as it is not elastic.
- Dust is very abrasive and causes premature wearing. Wipe leather surfaces down with a damp cloth (vacuum suede leathers) each week to remove dust. Special care should be taken to clean between folds, as grit and dust collect in these areas.
- Avoid perspiration on leather as it contains acid that can damage the top pigment coats. This should be removed with recommended leather cleaner.
- Regularly clean leather with a recommended leather cleaner, as directed, to remove embedded dirt and stains. Remember to apply conditioner / protector to prolong the life of leather after using the cleaner.
- To prevent leather fading it should not be kept in sunlight for prolonged periods. Draw the curtains during the day if the room is not in use. Give particular attention to aniline, suede and nubuck leather as ultra violet light will fade this type of leather.
- The leather surface may require refinishing if not treated with care. Yes, a leather refinishing service is available but can be easily avoided with careful maintenance.
Products we recommend
Here at Lynfords, we recommend the Pelle Upholstery Leather Care system for all furniture related leather care and we carry this range in store.
Pelle Leather Care